Table of Contents Hide
THE BALTIMORE Police Department has seen its fair share of controversy over the years, and now fans will see it unfold on the big screen.
HBO’s new series We Own This City will take a look at the rise and fall of the Baltimore Police Department’s Gun Trace Task Force.
We Own This City is a new HBO limited series
When is the release date of We Own This City?
We Own This City will be a six-hour, limited series that is exclusively available on HBO.
The show is scheduled to premiere on April 25, 2022, at 9pm EST.
New episodes are expected Mondays with the finale episode debuting on May 30.
Fans can also stream the show through HBO Max with a valid subscription.
Who is in the cast?
The cast of We Own This City is led by The Walking Dead star Jon Bernthal, who portrays the role of Wayne Jenkins, the leader of the task force.
Other cast members include:
- Josh Charles as Daniel Hersl
- Jamie Hector as Sean M. Suiter
- Darrell Britt-Gibson as Jemell Rayam
- Rob Brown as Maurice Ward
- McKinley Belcher III as Momodu “G Money” Gondo
- Larry Mitchell as Scott Kilpatrick
- Wunmi Mosaku as Scott Kilpatrick
- Dagmara Domińczky as Erika Jensen
- Don Harvey as John Sieracki
- Delaney Williams as Kevin Davis
- David Corenswet as David McDougall
- Ian Duff as Ahmed Jackson
- Lucas Van Engen as Leo Wise
- Treat Williams as Brian Grabler
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Smith
- Domenick Lombardozzi as Stephen Brady
- Thaddeus Street as James Otis
- Tray Chaney as Gordon Hawk
- Jermaine Crawford as Jaquan Dixon
- Nathan E. Corbett as Traiq Touré
- Chris Clanton as Brian Hairston
The show is also directed by King Richard’s Reinaldo Marcus Green.
The show is about the rise and fall of the Baltimore Police Department’s Gun Trace Task ForceCredit: HBO
What is the plot of We Own This City?
The show is based on the 2021 book of the same name by Baltimore Sun reporter Justin Fenton.
It will show the chronicling rise and fall of the Baltimore Police Department’s Gun Trace Task Force.
The show’s description reads: “We Own This City is a six-hour, limited series chronicling the rise and fall of the Baltimore Police Department’s Gun Trace Task Force. It examines the corruption and moral collapse that befell an American city in which the policies of drug prohibition and mass arrest were championed at the expense of actual police work.”
The book is available for purchase at a number of retailers, including Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, and Walmart, starting at $18.99.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?