Table of Contents Hide
APPLE users had been asking for an updated ‘time sensitive’ notifications system for quite some time.
With the release of iOS 15 in 2021, their prayers were answered – here’s how to use the brand’s focus feature.
The focus feature was introduced with iOS 15 in 2021
What are iPhone’s ‘time sensitive’ notifications?
Apple’s focus feature allows iPhone users to prioritize their time by being selective over the type of notifications that come across their screen throughout the day.
The focus feature was introduced with iOS 15 in 2021.
“Time Sensitive” alerts are simply notifications that are given higher priority over others, allowing them to pop up on an iPhone’s screen while blocking other, non-important notifications.
Users can now create custom ‘Do Not Disturb’ modes for specific situations like work, sleep, and more.
“You can indiscriminately block as many apps as you want without worrying about missing something urgent,” How-To-Geek described.
How to set up iPhone’s ‘time sensitive’ notifications?
In order to set up and manage the ‘time sensitive’ notifications on your iPhone, start by opening up the ‘Settings’ app:
- After opening up settings, scroll down to ‘Focus’
- Within ‘Focus’ you can choose from one of the default focus groups like ‘Driving,’ ‘Sleep,’ ‘Work,’ and more.
- Once you select one of the focus groups, you can turn it on or off, you can select which people or apps to allow notifications from, and even play around with the timing of the focus group.
- Apple also give you the choice to customize the focus groups by creating your own category like fitness, gaming, reading, etc.
- In order to create your own, unique focus group, simply press the plus sign within the ‘Focus’ setting and press ‘Custom’ to choose an icon/color and name for your focus group.
Apple’s focus feature allows iPhone users to prioritize their time and notificationsCredit: Apple
How to turn off ‘time sensitive’ notifications?
If you want to turn off certain restrictions that you set up within the Focus feature, you start by opening up the ‘Settings’ app:
- Select ‘Notifications’ and and scroll down to the app you want to turn off ‘Time Sensitive’ notifications for.
- Select the app and switch off the option for ‘Time Sensitive Notifications.’
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?